FIREFLY™ HPPL Decals
FIREFLY™ High Performance Photoluminescent (HPPL) product line is a durable “glow in the dark” safety signage design for use in passenger rail cars or similar applications.
WHERE YOU NEED IT MOST.
HPPL Signage Standards
FIREFLY™ HPPL (glow-in-the-dark decals printed on polycarbonate) are compliant with the following North American requirements:
- APTA SS-PS-002-98 Rev3 – APTA STD for Emergency Signage for Egress/Access of Passenger Rail Equipment
- APTA SS-PS-004-99 Rev2. – APTA STD for Standard for Low Location Exit Path Marking
- FRA 49 CFR 238 – 49 CFR 238 – PASSENGER EQUIPMENT SAFETY STANDARDS
- SMP800C – Bombardier Smoke and Toxicity
- ASTM E 662 – Flame Smoke and Toxicity – Standard Test Method for Specific Optical Density of Smoke
- ASTM E 162 – Flame Smoke and Toxicity – Standard Test Method for Surface Flammability of Materials
- ASTM 1003 – Light transmission – Standard Test Method for Haze and Luminous Transmittance
- ASTM D 882 – Tensile Strength – Standard Test Method for Tensile Properties
- ISO 7010:2019 – Graphical symbols – Safety Colours and Safety signs
- ISO 3864:2011 Part 1 to 4: – Graphical symbols — Safety colours and safety signs – Design principles for safety signs and safety markings (part 1), labels (part 2), graphical symbols (part 3), photometric properties (part 4)